Monday, September 7, 2015

Primo Donna O Mio

by Brenda J. Christie

We suspect Jakk may have dementia.  After all, it would be hard to think he does what he does deliberately.  Or could he?  You be the judge.


  • Jakk will walk into corners and then seemingly, loose the ability to back-track to get out.  Instead, he will whine until someone rescues him.  Once out of harms way, he will make his way, somewhat like a compass, back to that same corner and repeat the whole thing over, and over and over.

  • Jakk does not respect traffic signs.  The very last time I let him walk across the street, he found the yellow line and decided it was the perfect place for his constitutional.  The only problem, is that I live on a very busy, two-way avenue.  So I was forced to scoop him up, mid-constitutional, to avoid getting run over.

  • After 16 years, Jakk has finally discovered the space under the bed.  On my first day of vacation (read sleep in, sleep late), Jakk, arthritis and all, managed to wedge himself under the bed, requiring both the mattress and box spring to be removed in order to free him.  This happened before my first cup of coffee, so I was not a happy camper, on top of not sleeping in. Once the box spring was removed, Jakk looked up at me with those doe eyes as if to say, "Miss me?"
Tell me your take on things by answering the "Is Jakk For Real Poll" above.

No comments:

Post a Comment